3.16.2013

No Pasta, No Way!

When my husband told me a couple years ago that he didn't like hated pasta, I thought...who HATES every kind of pasta! There is so many different ways of making it! After many failed attempts of proving him wrong...I (Failed). However, if you know me, failure is not an option, so here I am on to the next venture of bringing "pasta" into our lives!

Adapted from: http://fooddoodles.com/2013/01/10/skinny-spaghetti-squash-alfredo/

If you are feeling up to it and feel that your muscles are strong enough from all your working out, you can cut the spaghetti squash in half (long ways). Remove the seeds and pulp (you can keep the seeds to roast separately, if you want!). Place those two sides "meat" side down on a baking sheet and place in 375 per-heated oven for 30-40 minutes, check after 30. While the spaghetti squash is in the oven prepare the homemade Alfredo sauce from the recipe link above. I added chopped parsley on top, and added red pepper flakes. Next time I will add shrimp. Possibly breaded (take shrimp, peeled and de-veined, roll in flour, dunk in egg mix, cover with bread crumbs (I always use panko). On your stove top heat oil on medium, place shrimp in oil, it will only take a couple (30-40) seconds on each side. Take out and place on a plate lined with a paper towel. sprinkle with salt or other flavoring. I then place in heated oven for about 5-10 minutes).

Not only was this recipe easy to follow and make, but the ending product was a huge hit, for my husband as well, score! We are looking forward to trying different varieties of "spaghetti" very soon!!!

If you happen to try the recipe and put your own spin on it, please leave a comment and let us know how it turned out, what you liked and didn't like about it.

xoxo

M



No comments:

Post a Comment