3.23.2013

It seems so obvious.

I have been becoming more and more aware of processed foods and what is actually in a lot of packaged foods, and feel like I am constantly searching for SOMETHING that is both convenient and tasty. It's difficult sometimes and I always find myself trying to think of what I can eat that doesn't count as "processed"... since it seems like everything is. But this weekend I read something in a magazine and suddenly it seemed like it was the dumbest question I have ever asked. The easiest way to determine what is processed: if it has a label with ingredients, it's processed. Wow. Why had I never considered that, and of course that makes sense. Eating less processed foods is something I really want to try to make a priority. I know there will be dinners out and roadtrips where it will not be possible all the time, but I know that I have room to at least dramatically reduce my intake. This rule just makes it one little bit easier, don't you think?

- Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment